Sunday 4 October 2015

France & Greece

I've realised that my last trip away was actually quite some time ago - August 2014! Surely that means I'm overdue for one next year!




My sister and I booked a very last minute express (two and a half week) trip to Europe to meet up with our parents in August last year. I'd already been to both France and Greece but it was a fantastic opportunity to experience travelling with my younger sister.




We flew directly into Paris, where we had two nights on our own.  We spent the first day doing a bike tour around the city which was really enjoyable.  That night, we went to dinner in the Eiffel Tower restaurant, which a friend had recommended to us.  It was a great experience.




My sister and I having dinner at the Eiffel Tower - amazing views across Paris.

A photo from the day of our bike tour around Paris



We then caught a regional train to the south of France to meet our parents in a gorgeous little town called Amboise, where we spent another two nights.

Beautiful view from the castle in Amboise into the town



Following this, we caught the regional train back into Paris and after a short plane ride, we arrived into Mykonos with our parents.  I'd been to Greece before, however has never been to Mykonos, as it had never interested me much.  However, I was blown away by how gorgeous the old town was.

The view from my room in Mykonos



Next we caught a ferry across to Santorini which was just magical.  We stayed nearby the red beach so spent the majority of our time eating, drinking cocktails and laying in the sun.  There was a great winery that we spent the day at and have a few nights in Fara watching the sunset and also did a day trip out to walk on the volcano and then watch the sun go down with a seafood dinner on the water.


Sunset views over Santorini

Our last stop for our trip was one night stay in Athens.  We spent the majority of our last day heading up to see the Pantheon - a very hot day to be walking around in the direct sun but well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment